Enter the Live Chat Room Instructions
To reach the live Chat Room go to Parents Anonymous of New Jersey .
Scroll down the left side and click on Parent Support Group Online.
The page with Group Chat will come up. Click on Group Chat two separate times.
The Register – Login page will come up.
Click Register New Username if you need to register. (If you are already registered, skip this step.)
Choose a Username and enter it into the box.
Create a Password and enter it into the box, then enter it a second time to confirm it is correct.
You do not need to enter an e-mail at this time.
Click on the Register & Login button and that will put you into the chat room.
To return you only need to put your registered username and password in the appropriate boxes.
When you are in the live chat room for the first time you need to set your preferences by clicking on the Options button.
- Set the Refresh Delay box, set it to 10 so your browser will not appear to flash.
- Set the Message Order box to Newest On Top.
- Set the Font Color to any color you like. Having a different color from other group members helps everyone see who said what more quickly.
- You do not need to set Login Sound and no E-mail is needed.
Getting Booted or Kicked Out of the Chat Room
Occasionally, the chat room boots or kicks a member out of the room. This is a technical issue, not a virus or problem with your computer. Part of the screen will turn white or it will freeze; when this occurs, you can come back into the room in one of three ways.
- Refresh your browser by clicking on the icon. This does not always work.
- Wait till the application times out and sign back in.
- Create a whole new username and password.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us at the form below. Be sure to leave your e-mail address and we will respond.
New Jersey Family Helpline: 1-800-THE-KIDS
Parents Anonymous® of New Jersey, Inc.
Phone: (609) 585-7666
Fax: (609) 585-7686
Join the Online Support Groups
Wednesdays 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST
Thursdays 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST
Facebook: Parent Rap – Soup To Nuts
Jackie Saulmon Ramirez has served as a volunteer with Parents Anonymous® of New Jersey, Inc. for more than twenty years, giving and getting support. Jackie writes these ‘Reminders’ for parents who attend the online support groups. To receive the free ‘Reminder,’ send her a message below.